In the summer of 2015, a curious and observant hiker reported what she thought was a cemetery located in the Carolina Management Area near the North-South Trail. Dory Wagner investigated the cemetery and did not think it was previously recorded. It had two field stone graves, with no inscriptions. Subsequently it was assigned the number 92.
On April 16, 2016, Rhode Island Historic Cemetery Restoration and Awareness Day, Dory led a group of volunteers armed with rakes, shovels, cutters, and lots of energy on a cleanup of Richmond’s newest discovered historic cemetery.
An 1870 Richmond map shows two farm sites near the find, however there are no markings on any of the stones.