Kenyon is a small mill village located in the southeastern corner of Richmond and is adjacent to the Village of Shannock.  This excertp was taken from our  publication, “Driftways into the Past”:

Village of Kenyon

In 1893 a Hope Valley newspaper describes enlarging the mill, moving the river, and building housing for employees:


In 1969, employing more than 400 workers, more production space was added to the Kenyon Piece Dyeworks:


Kenyon Industries,  which still dyes fabric, is still in operation  and presently employs about 300 workers.

Similar to the other villages, Kenyon has it’s own zip code (02836) and post office.  On July 1,  1974 Jennie Noyes began her 40th year as postal carrier.


Kenyon Post Office celebrated it’s 90th birthday in 1978: