Woodville is another village located within two Towns: Richmond and Hopkinton. On the western side of Richmond, the Wood River is the dividing line. As with many of our villages, manufacturing and mill complexes were the source of income. A train depot was in the center of the village and the trains provided transportation of both people and goods.
Additionally, in the mid-1800’s, carriages were one of the items made:
The carriages were then brought to an adjacent barn to be stenciled:
As the years went by, other businesses replaced the mills. The villages became mostly residential. Until recently, one of those businesses, Wood River Evergreens, provided Christmas trees and other landscaping.